Mobile App Developer
Based in Longview, Texas, STAR CO performs research and development in the areas of electronics, software, optics, physics, and mechanics. The company works in the areas of computer hardware, software, LCDs, LEDs, GPS systems, and other devices that are manufactured and deployed by the world's largest and most well-known, high-tech corporations. STAR CO is also involved in emerging technology development, such as renewable green technology for housing and self-sustainable farming, among other technologies.
Full-Time Entry-Level Jobs
Full-Time Internships - Summer
Part-Time Internships - Spring and Fall Semesters
The Mobile App Developers at STAR CO have a unique chance to develop ideas and concepts for new technology in a world that is ever changing. STAR CO aims to be at the forefront of technology development, making an impact on the world at large and in the local community. In the STAR CO culture, creativity and uniqueness are encouraged, which allows our employees to be semi-autonomous when working on projects.
Mobile App Developers will have the opportunity to create and develop new technological interfaces in current and emerging fields leading to the development of products that will be brought to the market place. This type of work will require the programmers to be creative and innovative in ideas and designs, allowing for changes in project direction as the product life cycle progresses. While synergetic team work will be emphasized in the work place and likely required in some cases, the programmers should be self-motivated and be able to independently and/or with minimal supervision. The employees will be responsible for a project over the entire course of the product lifecycle, which may range from concept creation to prototyping and final distribution.
Creating new and innovative technologies requires the ability to cohesively devise programs. As such, programmers with a broad knowledge of software and a working knowledge of the relationship between hardware and software are strongly encouraged to apply. Additionally, programmers will be expected to provide support to other engineers working with projects based on smart devices, including microcontrollers, digital signal processors, and FPGAs.
- Currently holds or is pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related field such as Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics.
- High GPA (3.5 or higher) is prefered, strong academic performance.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and implement new concepts into designs.
- Strong adaptability to change and new direction with projects.
- Experience with app development: iOS, Android, or Windows Mobile is a plus.
- Proficiency with two or more of the following: C, C++, Java, C#, Objective C or Swift.
- Experience with multiple operating systems: Windows, MacOS X, or Linux.
- Proficiency with algorithm design and implementation.
- Experience working with passive and active electronics is a plus.
- Experience working with microcontrollers, digital signal processors or FPGAs is a plus.
- Experience with PCB design and soldering is a plus.
- Create and innovate new concepts and designs.
- Research and compile technical information, including datasheets and software specifications.
- Develop programs which couple hardware and software design and implementation.
- Integrate multiple systems using various communication protocols.
- Systems testing for hardware, software and human interactions.
- Develop user guides and walkthroughs.
- Taking a project throughout the product lifecycle: conception, proof of concept, prototyping, product design, product testing, manufacturing, mass production and market introduction.
- Actively communicate and work with partnered companies.
- Perform scouting and research for new opportunities.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.