CAD Product Design Technician
Based in Longview, Texas, STAR CO performs research and development in the areas of electronics, software, optics and mechanics. The company works in the areas of computer hardware, software, LCDs, LEDs and other devices manufactured and deployed by the world's largest, high-tech corporations. STAR CO is also involved in emerging technology development, such as renewable green technology for housing and self-sustainable farming, among other technologies.
Full-Time Entry-Level Jobs
Full-Time Internships - Summer
Part-Time Internships - Spring and Fall Semesters
The CAD Product Design Technicians at STAR CO have a unique chance to develop ideas and concepts for new technology in a world that is rapidly evolving. STAR CO aims to be at the forefront of technology development, making an impact both on the world at large and in the local community. In the STAR CO culture, creativity and uniqueness are encouraged, which allows our employees to be semi-autonomous when working on projects.
CAD Product Design Technicians will have the opportunity to create and develop new technology in current and emerging fields leading to the development of products that will be brought to the market place. This type of work will require the technicians to be creative and innovative in ideas and designs, allowing for changes in project direction as the product life cycle progresses. While synergetic teamwork will be emphasized in the work place and likely required at times, the technician should be self-motivated and be able to work independently and/or with minimal supervision in an entrepreneurial environment.
Creating new and innovative technologies requires the ability to cohesively devise designs combining analog and digital hardware with plastic components. As such, CAD Product Design technicians with a broad knowledge of 3-D printing, CNC machining, molding, electronics, and a working knowledge of the relationship between hardware and software are strongly encouraged to apply. Technicians will be responsible for taking a project throughout the product lifecycle: conception, proof of concept, prototyping, product design, product testing, manufacturing, mass production and market introduction. All technicians will be expected to have an understanding of basic hardware design concepts and prototyping methods.
- Currently holds or is pursuing a degree in Computer Aided Drafting, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- High GPA (3.5 or higher) is preferred, strong academic performance.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and implement new concepts into designs.
- Persistence in experimentation and prototyping methods.
- Strong adaptability to change and new direction within projects.
- Must have a "can-do" attitude - the desire to go above and beyond in all you do.
- Experience working with CAD software: SolidWorks.
- Experience working with prototyping in a hands-on environment such as: 3-D printing, SLA, Mold making, and CNC machining.
- Experience working with product design and manufacturing documentation is a plus.
- Experience with PCB design and SMD soldering is a plus.
- Experience with inter-IC communication protocols: I2C, SPI, UART, USB, BLE, etc. is a plus.
- Create and innovate new concepts and designs.
- Take a project throughout the product lifecycle: conception, proof of concept, prototyping, product design, product testing, manufacturing, mass production and market introduction.
- Create models, drawings, prototypes, and BOMs necessary for product testing.
- Design plastics that integrate multiple systems and technologies.
- Specify performance testing parameters, execute tests and document compliance.
- Develop and conduct systems testing for hardware, software and human interactions.
- Improve existing products using analytical techniques to better meet the customer's requirements.
- Research and compile technical information, including datasheets and product specifications.
- Actively communicate and work with partnered companies.
- Perform research and development for new opportunities.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.