Based in Longview, Texas, STAR CO performs research and development in the areas of consumer electronics, software, optics and mechanics. STAR CO's newest business venture, STARCOdirect.com, is an online retailer for consumer electronics and accessories and is the selling platform for STAR CO's consumer electronic products. The company strives to provide the best possible shopping and buying experience for consumers from low prices and quality product to excellent customer service.
Business marketing employees at STAR CO have a unique chance to take new ideas and technologies developed by our engineers and turn them into retail products for consumers. STAR CO aims to be at the forefront of technology development, making an impact on both the world at large and in the local community. Our office culture strongly encourages creativity, entrepreneurship and uniqueness.
Full-Time Entry-Level Jobs
Full-Time Internships - Summer
Part-Time Internships - Spring and Fall Semesters
The Business Marketing department involves interacting with the functions of product marketing, sales, customer service and engineering project management for STAR CO's newest business venture, STARCOdirect.com. The business candidate will also be expected to perform duties including, but not limited to creating and designing promotional advertising materials, managing website updates, maintaining social networking sites, studying market trends and processing product orders/shipments.
Business employees will have the opportunity to create and develop new marketing strategies for products that will be brought to the market place in current and emerging fields. This type of work will require the business candidate to be creative and innovative in ideas and implementation, allowing for changes in marketing direction as marketing data is analyzed over time. While synergetic teamwork will be emphasized in the work place and likely required at times, all employees in the marketing department should be self-motivated and be able to work independently and/or with minimal supervision. Business employees will be responsible for specific tasks, which may range from giving input in product design, creating marketing and advertising plans, managing social media, developing graphics, customer support and sales and even photography/videography.
Marketing for new and innovative technologies requires the ability to cohesively devise strategies to manage many different aspects at once. As such, business candidates with a broad knowledge of marketing strategies, sales, and a working knowledge of the relationship between social media and customer acquisition are strongly encouraged to apply. Additionally, any experience with graphic design, basic website coding and excel will be valuable.
- Currently holds or is pursuing a degree in Business Marketing or related fields.
- High GPA (3.5 or higher) is prefered, strong academic performance.
- Creative and innovative. Ability to learn and implement new concepts.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with social media.
- Experience working with sales and customer support.
- Experience with graphic design: Adobe Creative Suite, Paint.net, Gimp, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus.
- Experience with photography/videography is a plus.
- Actively work with marketing and sales campaigns.
- Design and create promotional ads (online, print, email, etc.).
- Maintain social networking accounts and marketing efforts.
- Analyze market trends and adapt marketing efforts accordingly.
- Devise creative ideas for sales and products.
- Work on the draft of new marketing/business related budgets.
- Work on other business-related projects as assigned.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.